Are you scheduled to tour Nepal in 2015? Or could you be wondering the places and festivals available for you if you chose Nepal as your desired destination? Then search no more. This article offers you a quick review of the key and significant festivals due in Nepal in 2015 that you should not miss out on.
Tibetan New Year Festival
- The event will be an opener for the 2015 events and festivals in Nepal, scheduled for January 25th 2015.
- The festival, celebrated on an annual basis as a welcome for the Tibetan New Year, starts on the New Year’s Eve and continues for three consecutive days.
- Although entry to these events is free for all, it is advisable that you check on a Tibetan Monastery and check out on their programs to select your most preferred celebration venue.
- The annual event for 2015 is slated for 16th February.
- This event presents a serene experience of the Hindu spiritual culture as Sadhus pilgrimages celebrate Lord Shiva.
- However, you should note that the event runs for a single day and thus you should prepare for your participation early enough.
- Nevertheless, you are guaranteed to enjoy the Hindu culture to the fullest.
Buddha Jayanti Festival
- The event will be held in May 2nd 2015.
- It is meant to celebrate the legendary Buddha’s birthday.
- However, in order to access a majority of the Bhaktapur festivals so be prepared for your trip.
- Similar to a majority others, the festival run for a single day and is especially intense around Patan and Bhaktapur regions.
- Attending this festival will offer you a feel of the Hindu culture including their practices and most of all traditional food delicacies.
- Most conspicuous in the festival is the bungdyo deity chariot drawn across Nepal to Lagankel thus offering full streets celebrations opportunity all day long.
- Are you a family person and want to see the marriage institution honored?
- Then you should attend the Teej festival in Nepal on 25 September 2015.
- Women celebrate the event to honor and thank Shiva for their husbands and wish them a long life.
- Attending this festival will offer you an opportunity to perceive the marriage institution differently.
- Have you ever wondered what the Nepal driving force is? Then the event serves your right.
- If you want to experience the Nepal society praying and appreciating Laxmi, the wealth goddess, then you should visit the land on 8th November 2015.
- The festival, similar to the New Year celebrations, runs for three consecutive days with the third day being the most regarded of the light festival’ where families decorate their homes exceptionally with Nepal cultural decorations.
- Nevertheless, in order not to miss out on the crucial event, tourists are advised to apply for their visa.
Christmas-25th December 2015
- The Christmas holiday and festival is a global festival.
- However, celebrating this event in Nepal will offer you an opportunity to enjoy the event with a mixture of the Hindu culture.
New Year- 31st December 2014-1st January 2015.
- The event, though not in the Nepal traditional calendar is celebrated equally across the nation.
- It allows tourist opportunity to celebrate the New Year with a Hindu culture touch.